|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
- Report to the Resident Engineer
- Manage and oversee day-to-day construction activities in specific scope/area of work in accordance with CM Contract, and ST’s policies and procedures and in accordance with the GCCM contract.
- Provide ad-hoc field inspection as/if required
- Coordinate design and specification clarification from appropriate Engineer of Record and/or Sound Transit Civil and Systems engineering design staff.
- Ensure contractor contract compliance with construction activities
- Identify potential change issues and oversee emergency or urgent change work and track cost-reimbursable and/or time and materials work
- Review and respond to contractor submittals, requests for information (RFI’s), requests for change (RFC’s) and other documentation pertaining to specific scope/area of work
- Ensure complete review of submittals, RFI’s, RFC’s etc. prior to sending out for 3rd party review and after receiving 3rd party comments.
- Compile review comments
- Coordinate with Resident Engineer and other Construction Engineers on project progress and issues
- Review all Construction Work Plans, and participate in readiness review meetings
- Coordinate with all special/third party inspections
- Assist in weekly construction progress meetings, as-built reviews, quality meeting, safety meetings
- Review pay applications pertaining to specific scope/area of work
- Review and provide responses/input to project schedules pertaining to specific scope/area of work
- Assist in the development of the RE Weekly Report
- Coordinate with the RE and assign inspection staff to adequately cover the work
- Review and approve the daily inspection reports of CMC inspection staff and the contractor documenting the inspection, testing and other on-site activities
- Coordinate with CM safety staff and monitor the contractor’s compliance with its own safety programs and that CMC safety staff complies with its safety program
- Participate in the weekly Safety Walk
Construction Engineer Trackwork (in addition to above):
- Manage and oversee all trackwork construction throughout the alignment, including but not limited to:
- Procurement for all rail, clips, special turnouts, switches etc.
- Construction of all plinths, ballasted and direct fixation trackwork, throughout the alignment
- All pre-shutdown and shutdown work at the International District Station
- Ensure all testing and verification is completed as necessary
- Coordinate with other Construction Engineers as necessary
- Degreed professional
- Professional license a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Extensive rail experience required
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.