|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Company||Black & Veatch Holding Company|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Date published: 12-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: CNS
1. To support the Site Managers in the planning, organisation, supervision and delivery of all site construction activities.
2. Management, supervision, training and development of direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
H&S and Environment
• Promote exceptional safety and deliver quality standards at all times
• Actively support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Galliford Try Safety Policies
• Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
• Assisting the Site Agent/Manager in the initial site set-up, actively installing ESD systems and procedures
• Co-ordinate and control construction activities ensuring the project runs to schedule and budget
• Day to Day management of site activities, including supervising and monitoring the site operations and carrying out briefings as necessary, preparing RAMS and ensuring compliance
• Ensure that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
• Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary
• Ensuring plant and materials are ordered and supplied as required
• Checking drawings and quantities, ensuring that the information is accurate for the work
• Ensure accurate record/sketches of setting out are kept.
• Monitoring of the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan and maintaining as built records
• Ensuring that all site non-conformities are recorded
• Maintain good relationships with the Client’s site staff
• Be aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction.
• Comply with Customer Impact Plan at all times.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
Quality & Document Control
• Will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan
• Maintain as built records
• Understand and implement ESD Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Good Communication Skills
• Excellent IT skills – with experience of using PowerPoint, excel, outlook and use of the internet
• Fully conversant with the use of surveying instruments
• Conversant with setting out techniques
• Good record keeping and administration skills
• Financially aware
HNC in Civil Engineering
Degree of HND in Civil Engineering or Building required
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Competencies: • Working knowledge of cost control, scheduling, engineering drawings and other documents. • Ability to do material takeoffs, field estimates. • Communication skills • Organizational skills • Safety regulations • Discipline engineering experience