|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Principal Water Engineer to join our Water team, based in our Dublin Office. Working on projects for Water Companies throughout Ireland and the UK, your responsibilities may include:
- Driving health and safety in all aspects of our projects
- Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Ensuring technical excellence and best practice across a broad range of water services projects
- Working with design teams to deliver projects within agreed timeframes and budgets and to exceed our clients’ expectations
- Working with multidisciplinary teams throughout our organisation in an integrated approach
- Maintaining technical quality and ensuring designs meet client specification
- Ensuring project financial and schedule performance
- Minimum of a Degree in an Engineering related discipline
- Significant experience in the water sector, which could include civil, hydraulic, process or other related design disciplines.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartership
- Experience in the design of water or wastewater schemes; clean water and sewage transfer systems and pumping systems
- Working knowledge of contract types and procurement options
- Experience with construction management and/or the site supervision of a contractor during construction
- Experience of budget management, financial performance and familiar with current industry best practice
- Experience of leading, or be able to demonstrate potential to do so, a successful team of engineers
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.