|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Environmental - Chemistry|
|Years of Experience||7|
|Residence Location||United States|
Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and units operations
- Ensures proper sequence of operation
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications, e.g. distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 7+ years' of experience of design experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- P.E. License preferred
- Design and hydrocarbon experience required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.