|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Information Technology - Software Engineer/Developer|
|Years of Experience||4|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs ESSCA Group is looking for a Software System Analyst to support software design of the Space Launch System Core Stage Flight Control Computers at MSFC. The ideal candidate will have an established background in Object Oriented Modeling for real time software systems. The candidate will be proficient in object-oriented design and development methodology, particularly C++, C and UML modeling techniques. The position requires a solid understanding of software development, test, and verification disciplines as well as the CMMI level 3 processes involved.
The selected applicant will work on a customer / contractor integrated team to:
• Develop and Manage UML models for the Flight Software.
• Participate in an agile software development environment
• Review system and derived requirements and address design to code traceability
• Create/Modify UML diagrams of detailed software designs
• Perform software integration and unit test activities
• Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
• Produce weekly and monthly status reports of progress in assigned areas
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To learn more about:
JSEG, visit https://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
The candidate should be experienced in the following:
• Experience in developing real-time embedded software
• Excellent communication, team interaction, collaboration and problem solving skills
• Leading small teams in agile software development processes
• Software integration in a lab environment (Both Hardware-in-the-loop and Software-in-the-loop environments)
• Change request systems, and the use of formal configuration management tools
• Exposure to tools such as Eclipse, Subversion, and specifically previous use of UML Modeling, and automated software testing tools.
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.