|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Sr. Geotechnical Engineer
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Salt Lake City, UT office! Our Salt Lake City office works on exciting projects including bridges, highways, railroads, airports, complex slope stability problems, and various other geotechnical projects. This position is for a professional engineer who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating Geotechnical specific work, as well as managing a broad array projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will be experienced in all phases of geotechnical and construction management efforts.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has close to 4,000 employees in 145 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon is currently ranked at #30 on the list of the Top 200 engineering firms in the U.S.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
- Conducting client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in traditional geotechnical services for the Salt Lake City metro area.
- Provide excellent level of customer service.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 5-10 years’ related experience;
- Have the ability to acquire a P.E. in Utah
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work on a team and build networks across the Salt Lake City marketplace.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)