|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our structural design team in St Louis is seeking another teammate! This experienced engineer will serve in a technical role on heavy infrastructure projects involving marine and or port projects.
Duties may include the following:
• Provides structural engineering services for new construction and rehabilitations on large, complex river navigation (locks and dams), flood control reservoir and local flood protection projects using established U.S. Army Corps of Engineer design criteria and directives; national building codes and standards; and engineering principles and judgment.
• Performs analysis and design applying standard engineering methods and techniques in the performance of preliminary and final design including stress and stability analysis, structural steel design, steel connection design, reinforced concrete design and development of detailing for steel and concrete features.
• As part of design or evaluation of various structures, prepares Design Documentation Report (Design Basis); design calculations utilizing structural design and analysis software including STAAD Pro, SAP2000, PCA sP Concrete Suite, MathCAD, and EXCEL.
• Prepares construction contract documents for various structural features for challenging and complex Civil Works projects for river navigation systems, flood control reservoir projects and, local flood protection projects.
• Works with CADD Technicians to develop drawings utilizing CADD and BIM software; determines requirements for technical aspects of project specifications; and prepares amendments and engineering revisions.
• Coordinates structural aspects of projects with multi-disciplined engineering teams to arrive at functional designs and solutions to technical and operational problems.
• Performs role of Project Engineer in design by coordinating the efforts of multi-disciplined teams, developing and tracking budgets, preparation of scopes of work, ensuring quality processes are followed, and ensuring contract documents are complete. In construction, provides support to the Construction Engineering staff by coordinating the review of transmittals and RFI's by the engineering team and assisting with the resolution of construction issues.
• Performs inspections and assessments of the District's infrastructure including hydraulic steel structures, concrete structures, and bridges; and develops memos and reports with recommendations based on field observations.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
• MSCE degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering is preferred
• PE Registration is required
• At least 10 years experience with UASCE or NAVFAC is required.
• Familiarity with structural analysis and finite element analysis software packages such as SAP2000, STAAD, MathCad, etc.
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills
• Ability and willingness to travel as required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.