Thanks to an expanding project portfolio Mott MacDonald Canada has a new opportunity for a Tunnel Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team working on iconic infrastructural projects, locally, nationally, and globally. As a Tunnel Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing design solutions, and associated deliverables, drawing on a range of geotechnical and structural skills, including: tunnelling, support of excavation, foundations, and underground structure design; notably with experience in designing structures involving complex soil-structure interaction
- Planning site investigation, geotechnical data interpretation, and ground modelling
- Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects
- Assists in the coordination of work among other engineers and design staff
- Delivery of packages of design work, requiring collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, quality control, management of inputs from other team members, and travel to project sites when necessary
- Advancing the team’s capability by advancing technical excellence and digital innovation
- You may also be involved in project commercial management, and proposal delivery
- You will be able to express the contribution of your work in the context of social outcomes
- For your longer-term career development, we can offer a number of paths, including technical leadership, staff resource management, and client engagement
- Structural Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering (a Master’s degree would be considered an asset)
- 5-10 years of relevant industry / project experience
- Chartered status with a relevant professional body (for example P.Eng, C.Eng)
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; able to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and clients and nurture the development of junior staff
- Experience in developing innovative underground structure solutions using current design standards and guidelines (experience in the transportation and/or water sectors would be considered an asset)
- Capability with numerical analysis software (geotechnical/structural) experience (coding capability would be considered an asset)
- Experience of the implementation or construction of design solutions on construction sites
- Ability and enthusiasm for supervising the work of others, including check and approval of key deliverables
- Gained project management skills and demonstrable technical lead and collaborative capabilities
In compliance with the B.C. Pay Transparency Act, the expected salary range is from $100,000 - $140,000 CADMultiple factors such as qualifications, overall experience and position responsibilities will be used to determine the successful candidate's actual salary within the expected range. Job Profile:
Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Every day we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world. As part of our growing business, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Hybrid working policy:
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust. More about Mott MacDonald:
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence