Date: Jan 27, 2024Location: Delft, NLCompany: Bentley SystemsPosition Summary We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Engineer to join the Plaxis team, part of Seequent, the Bentley Subsurface Company. The position is based in the beautiful city of Delft in the Netherlands with close academic and professional links to Delft University of Technology (TU Delft). The Plaxis team is responsible for advancing software and services for geotechnical engineering, globally recognized under the PLAXIS brand name. As part of the research team, you will work closely together with quality, software, and support engineers in a supportive, stimulating, and informal environment. In this role, your primary focus will be helping to ensure robustness and reliability of the geotechnical aspects of the software. As part of Seequent, the team closely collaborates with leading software development teams from around the globe on advancing a range of innovative technologies and projects, whilst maintaining the highest quality standards. We are proud to be fully supported by Seequent while keeping the “family” vibe which we have nurtured over the years. It is for these reasons why so many of our employees have been happy to remain with us for so long and continue to develop in their careers. Essential Functions
- Research, validate and document advanced soil/rock geotechnical features or tools
- Increase and maintain test coverage of geotechnical features
- Formulate and document benchmarks and case studies
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of product feature specifications
- Assist the Support team in replying to complex user queries
- Contribute to internal and external activities for knowledge and expertise sharing
- (Co)Author technical papers either for conference proceedings or international journal publication
- Engage with a network of experts (academic or professional) to collaborate with
- Other job-related duties as may be assigned by management
- Academic background (MSc or higher) in Geotechnical engineering or related field
- Clear research interest in numerical modelling with a drive to apply this in the engineering practice
- Strong drive to work with a diverse team to deliver high quality, advanced numerical software
- Practical experience using PLAXIS or other geotechnical modelling packages
- Proficient in English (written and verbal)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team
Why you will enjoy working with us.
- Flexibility – Hybrid office/ home working model which creates a work-life balance that works for you (and or your family)
- Financial – Competitive compensation, great pension and WIA insurance plus the option to join our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Fun – Regular social events, pub quizzes, gatherings, and our annual Seequent-wide Hackathon (very enjoyable!)
- Learning & Development – Access to a wealth of training resources through our digital learning platform Degreed, quarterly career conversations with your manager and a culture that believes in promoting from within.
- Wellbeing – Regular presentations and encouraged engagement around topic’s which enhance a more positive and fulfilled working environment such as “Setting Better Boundaries”, “Balancing Priorities”, “Stretch at your desk” etc.
- Facilities – Challenge your colleagues to a game of table football or pool