DescriptionYour role at GEI.Job DescriptionThe Grade 2 Staff Engineer role (Denver or Salt Lake City) is an entry-level position suited for obtaining experience in the field of practice (geotechnical, geological, and tunnel/trenchless design), learning the fundamentals of field and office tasks, developing professional communication and collaboration protocols, while implementing tasks with significant supervisor mentorship and colleague support.Part-time applicants meeting these qualifications will be considered as interns. The ideal intern will be available full-time during summer and part time (up to 16 hours per week) during other months.Dates· Posting and interviews: 12/18/2023 – 4/1/2023· Anticipated start: Negotiable with qualified candidate. Spring 2024 preferred.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform and document geotechnical investigations including civil geotechnical drilling, well construction, field mapping, communicating with subcontractors, and other field work with the purpose of obtaining geotechnical data (30%).
- Create design and construction drawings using AutoCAD and other graphic software under the supervision of a Professional-level or above staff (30%).
- Record project-related activities (primarily tunnel or geotechnical construction inspection) by documenting observed field and office activities using electronic and written means (20%).
- Perform geotechnical, tunnel, and trenchless design calculations using Mathcad, Excel, and geo-oriented software under the supervision of a Professional Engineer (15%).
- Provide other tasks to support project engineers and project managers (5%).
Working Conditions· Field tasks will be performed in all reasonable working conditions:o Temperatures 0 - 100 degrees Fahrenheito Winds < 60 mpho Clear to weto Lifting loads up to 50+ pounds may be required several times per day (i.e. lifting supplies/samples in and out of company trucks)o Tasks may require occasional travel on steep/uneven terrain and in confined spaces for durations up to 12 hours per day.o With prior communication, tasks may require rare non-standard business hours/working days such as night or weekend shifts.· Office tasks will be performed in individual cubicle spaces with communal areas.o Remote work (1 day per week) is available pending weekly job duties.Hello. We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 50 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Specifically, the role is for Lithos Engineering (a division of GEI). Lithos Engineering was formed with the vision of serving our communities by providing our clients and their projects with recognizable value through prudent site evaluations, constructible solutions, and an understanding of project risks. Lithos focuses on geotechnical, tunnel, trenchless, and geological engineering and design services through innovative, collaborative, client focused consulting uniquely tailored to suit the needs of our clients and their projects.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package IncludesCompensation for this position is commensurate with experience. The Grade I Staff Engineer compensation ranges from $70,000-80,000 full time. The ideal candidate will fill the position located in either Denver, Colorado or Salt Lake City, Utah.Other GEI benefits include:
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range for This Position: $70,000-80,000/year
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.