DescriptionYour role at GEI.GEI’s Woburn, MA and Franklin, MA offices are seeking a motivated & experienced geostructural or structural project manager to assist on a variety of projects throughout the region. Work will primarily pertain to commercial and industrial properties, infrastructure, excavation support systems, foundation systems, ground improvement, and inspection of existing structures along with geotechnical investigations and geotechnical instrumentation.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform and oversee engineering calculations and preparation of drawings related to geotechnical design work including but not limited to excavation support, temporary support/shoring, specialty foundations, drilled shafts, and slurry walls.
- Observe and manage field explorations and construction activities.
- Oversee construction of specialty geotechnical and geostructural items such as deep and shallow foundations, tiebacks, support of excavation, bracing, and grouting among others.
- Manage projects, attend project meetings, and communicate with clients.
- Prepare technical letters and reports.
- Train and mentor staff.
- Develop proposals and participate in other business development activities.
- Collaborate with GEI staff and clients across various offices, regions, and disciplines.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical or Structural Engineering is required.
- M.S. in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience.
- Professional Engineer license required.
- Experience working in a team environment and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Able to perform field work on active construction sites without restrictions, and in inclement weather if required.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more here)
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.