Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all Menard, OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced while coordinating
- with the project team and the Corporate Safety Manager.
- Scheduling of projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Managing contract negotiations, including preparing scope of work documents with clients and negotiating with subcontractors and major material suppliers.
- Generating initial and monthly project financial budgets and forecasts.
- Tracking, preparing and negotiating change orders and claims.
- Responsible for Contract Documents & Specifications Review and preparation of RFI’s.
- Researching and resolving drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Responsible for client invoicing and AR cash collections.
- Acting as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Mentoring and training junior engineers within the region.
- Responsible for field activities that include quality control, documentation, submittal preparation
- and data analysis as well as running small work crews when necessary.
- Working closely with Corporate Operations personnel to develop and grow regional labor and
- equipment resources, refine operations procedures, and expand our technical capabilities.
- Collaborating with Menard regional sales team members and engineering resources.
- Supporting Regional Sales and Business Development efforts by attending and trade shows,
- conferences and technical presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of contract management, claims management and dispute resolution
- Understanding of engineering science and technology, design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Education/Experience RequirementsBachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field plus 5 years of project management experience in geotechnical construction.-OR-Any equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Up to 25% overnight travel within a given region required for this positionEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)