Geotechnical Engineering Internship
At Haley & Aldrich, a 900-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm, our creative, technically strong staff work collaboratively to deliver exceptional value to clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving complex challenges and for creating change, which is a vital part of our culture, no matter what role a staff member holds. We are looking to bring on a Geotechnical Engineering Intern to join our Boston, MA team during the summer of 2024. This person will assist office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks. This is a full-time role that will be about 3 months long starting in May or June of 2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to get some hands-on, working field experience and be a valuable contributor to our project teams. This role will be based out of our Boston, MA office location.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve in a field support role, working on technically-challenging projects on a construction site.
- Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various infrastructure and real estate development projects.
- Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
- Express a willingness to visit construction sites to assist in the field with our construction monitoring service group.
- Set Internship goals with mentor surrounding career development and learning.
- Complete 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training where required.
- Attend weekly Lunch and Learns.
- Attend weekly FriYAY Internship Community Sessions.
- Complete a presentation at the end of the Summer to include but not limited to:
- Overall internship experience, technical projects review, favorite project, biggest obstacle, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Being flexible and adaptable to support multiple projects throughout the internship.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software.
- Driver’s license highly preferred.
- Ability to work for 3 or more consecutive months on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 weeks preferred).
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career.
- Candidate should be enrolled in an environmental engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate).
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Learn more at haleyaldrich.com. Haley & Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan, and a solid benefits package. Interested candidates should apply on our Careers page. Note to external search firms: Haley & Aldrich does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Haley & Aldrich’s talent acquisition team engages with search firms directly through CrowdStaffing for hiring needs.#LI-BG1