Location: Lone Tree, CO, US Bellevue, WA, US SantaFe Springs, CA, US Denver, CO, US Irvine, CA, US Seattle, WA, US San Jose, CA, US San Francisco, CA, US Vancouver, WA, USRequisition ID: 170837 Job Level: Mid Level Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical / Geostructural (Tunnel/SOE) Engineer specializing in underground structures to be a part of our growing Geotechnical Design Engineering Group. The Geotechnical Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Denver or near Kiewit Hub offices, includes travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. Our teams travel and relocate based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
In this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:
• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
• Working with the pursuit team during the proposal/bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
• Working on EPC/design-build projects to develop design recommendations, produce design deliverables, and potentially serve as geotechnical lead or project manager.
• Training and developing staff engineers.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required
- 8+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience in the design and construction
- 5+ yrs of geotechnical support in underground in structures, bridges and tunnels.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S., required.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering on including: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, and dewatering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships amongst a team.
- Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
- EPC or Design-Build experience in U.S. is a PLUS.
- Ability to travel as business requires.#LI-MD1
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may varyBase Compensation: $115,000 - $145,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.