Overview: Geotechnology, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company, has an opening in our Geotechnical Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the 2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue, by both percentage and dollar growth.
- Locates, observes, and logs field explorations and activities
- Organizes field operations and can provide oversight of field activities
- Communicates field observations and results to Project Engineer
- Is responsible for collecting samples and transporting them to the laboratory
- Describes samples
- Prepares reports on-field activities and summarizes field and laboratory data
- May perform some laboratory testing
- Performs other duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled at a university and pursuing a degree in Civil or Geological Engineering
- No experience required other than course work in Civil or Geological Engineering
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability for accuracy and detail in performing field observations
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Who We Are: UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level. Growing in ExcellenceAs the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us. Why work at Geotechnology, A Universal Engineering Sciences Company?We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you. Check out our website: teamues.comFollow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube#GroundedInExcellence
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.