KGS Group is currently looking for a Junior Geotechnical Design Draftsperson to join our well-established Geotechnical department in our Winnipeg office.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow. And get ready to stretch yourself and dare to push your limits. Because we believe we set our own boundaries by what we’re willing to attempt. That’s the KGS way.
As a Geotechnical Junior Design Draftsperson, your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in drawing file management, plotting and delivery at entry level
- Assist in preparation of Geotechnical and Environmental report figures, conceptual, preliminary, detailed design, and as-built drawings with AutoCAD and MicroStation using defined drafting standards
- Perform basic calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas
Your Qualifications and AbilitiesTo fill the role, we are looking for an applicant who possess excellent knowledge in CAD. Some highlights could include, but are not limited to:
- Graduate from a two or three-year civil engineering technology program.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2020 or newer versions
- Knowledge of MicroStation Software would be an asset
- Technical aptitude and a desire to further develop technical knowledge and learn new software.
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently and effectively as an individual and with a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.