DescriptionYour role at GEI.The Woburn, Massachusetts (Boston) geotechnical group includes about 40 engineers. This group works on numerous challenging projects including buildings, dams, bridges, tunnels, slopes, ground treatment, and excavation support systems.We are seeking a motivated intern or co-op student for our Woburn office to assist with projects throughout the U.S. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from our senior staff and gain a wide range of experience.Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with engineering analyses and design.
- Perform laboratory testing of soil samples.
- Observe soil borings and log soil and rock samples.
- Monitor construction activities such as pile driving and footing construction.
- Perform computations, prepare spreadsheets, prepare and edit drawings using AutoCad.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and reports.
- Pursuit of a B.S. or M.S. degree in Structural, Civil, or Geotechnical Engineering. Soil mechanics, foundations, or similar course work preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignment if needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to work in the field as needed.
- Ability to perform field work in active constructions sites year-round without restrictions, and in inclement weather if required.
We are GEI.Some of the world’s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow. We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.Employee-owned. Employee-focused.As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.GEI’s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Pay Range For This Position: $23 - 24/hour)
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Rewards and Recognition
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- For Some Positions, Hybrid Work Schedules Are Available
- And More…