TYLin is a globally recognized, full-service infrastructure consulting and engineering firm committed to providing innovative, cost-effective, constructible designs for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLin is part of Dar Group, one of the world’s leading architecture, engineering, project management and energy consultancy groups.
The South Sector Bridge team is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer / Senior Project Manager and seller-doer to join our team in Texas. The incumbent candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad portfolio of exciting projects both locally, across the State and in the US.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a strong technical background and broad experience in preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other transportation structures.
- Provide technical support during the construction phase of projects, which could include site inspections and administration.
- Preparation of drawings for projects and assignments of varying complexity and scope in accordance with standards (i.e., AASHTO, TxDOT) and department procedures.
- Function in a supportive technical role in both conventional and alternative delivery bridge projects across the state.
- Ability to lead multi-discipline bridge projects for public sector clients.
- Be the Primary Client Manager assigned to various districts within the State including various Tollway Authorities and TxDOT Districts; and work closely with design/build contractors.
- Proposal development/preparation with a focus on developing existing relationships within TxDOT Districts. Serve as Pursuit Lead in these districts.
- Support Alternative Delivery pursuits in South Bridge Sector
- Support operations assisting both South Bridge Sector Manager and Texas Bridge Sector Manager.
- Presents and/or assists at public presentations on technical/design issues.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required from an engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc (EAC/ABET)
- Master’s Degree would be considered a plus.
- 10+ years of structural design/management experience in bridges and specialty structures; Design-Build experience is a plus.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Texas.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin offers a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive medical, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions. We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering. TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.