Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional engineering and consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, tunnel, and dam engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities in which we live are a vital part of who we are. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm with 500+ employees in 25 offices throughout the United States.Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package including maternity leave, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, health, dental, life and disability insurance and a wellness program. As an employee-owned company, through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Schnabel employees directly benefit from the success of our growing firm.Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Boise, Idaho office is seeking a Structural Engineer to support our engineering group. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong growing team. The Boise office of Schnabel focuses on the design of structures and facilities within our dam engineering group. Our structural engineering services span steel, concrete, masonry, and wood design. Example projects include the design of fish hatcheries, surface water intakes, pump stations, dams, pipelines, and fabricated gates and valves.Job Responsibilities:Perform the following structural engineering tasks:
- Prepare and review design calculations, engineering reports, construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Perform engineering activities throughout all phases of a project lifecycle, including inspection, investigation, evaluation, analysis, design, and engineering services during construction.
- Willingness and ability to perform field work and travel.
- Work as a team member within the Boise office and across other Schnabel offices to effectively balance workload among available resources.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
- 3 to 10 years of relevant work experience in structural design engineering.
- Ability to become a Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Experience/proficiency with common computer-aided analysis and finite element modeling programs applicable to structural engineering, such as AutoCAD, Revit, and SAP2000.
- Experience preparing and reviewing construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Experience working with owners and contractors during the construction phases of a project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record, credit check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)