Location: Bingham Farms, MI
Job ID: NOR0004FSOur People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Your Impact:If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let’s build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
As a vital member of our Ohio transportation team, our Mid-Level Structural (Bridge) Engineers serve in key technical roles on bridge design projects plus perform design for all structural aspects of transportation projects on local, state, regional and national projects. We are looking for a self-motivated professional with strong technical skills with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
You’ll be part of diverse multi-discipline teams in the delivery of transportation planning and design, and highway design projects. Your technical ability will give you the opportunity to lead tasks and/or projects that help us address our client’s most significant and challenging problems. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your technical knowledge to advance technical solutions for our clients while supported by local and national resources, including Jacobs extensive network of technical experts.Your most impactful mission in this role will be to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and equality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, leadership and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community – join us as a Mid-Level Structural (Bridge) Engineer!
Here’s What You’ll Need:• Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Minimum of 7 years’ professional bridge engineering experience
• Demonstrated professional design experience predominantly in bridges with a focus on DOT projects
• Registered Professional Engineer(PE) in Ohio or, registered Professional Engineer(state other than Ohio) with ability to obtain Ohio license within 6 months of employment
• Solid understanding of DOT practice, procedures, and standards
• Solid understanding of standard engineering practices, techniques, and applicable Codes.
• Proficiency in bridge design software, such as LEAP Concrete/Bridge, AASHTOWare BrR, Larsa 4D, MIDAS Civil, and MDX
• Competency in bridge/highway CADD software such as Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, Open Roads Designer, and Open Bridge Designer
• Solid communication and writing skills including technical report writing
• Structural problem analysis skills (including knowledge/use of design and calculation tools, software)Ideally, you’ll also have:• Masters degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Existing Ohio DOT and/or local county/city/municipal relationships
• Active professional involvement in local engineering societies
• Task Lead/Bridge Lead experience
• Design-Build project experienceAt Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.