Location: Austin, TX, US Phoenix, AZ, US Chicago, IL, US Dallas, TX, US Cincinnati, OH, US Houston, TX, US San Antonio, TX, US Charlotte, NC, US Chattanooga, TN, US Charleston, SC, US Overland Park, KS, US Gaithersburg, MD, US Virginia Beach, VA, USCompany: Black & Veatch Family of Companies At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference. Req Id : 100983 Opportunity Type : Staff Relocation eligible : No Full time/Part time : Full-Time Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Why Black and Veatch
Recognized by Glassdoor as a 2023 Top 100 place to work, Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use. #LI-AT1
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- To lead hydraulic structures projects in the range of $500k to $5M design fee for East and Central Coast hydropower clients
- Deliver innovative and high-quality design, procurement, and construction solutions to municipal and hydropower clients
- Perform technical design work and organize and oversee multi-discipline project teams
- Work collectively with other disciplines and subject matter experts to deliver high-quality design work (i.e. plans, specifications, estimates, analyses, etc.)
As part of BV Operations, your skills will be aligned to projects that support our 3 market sectors- Governments & Environment, Energy & Process Industries, and Connectivity & Commercial. In roles like Engineers, Technicians, and Skilled Specialists you will be engaged with exciting projects across the globe. From small community improvements to grand-scale Mega Projects, you will be Building a World of Difference through infrastructure growth and development while learning and focusing on your own individual development. The foundation of BV Operations provides the ability to move where your skills are needed and allows for a collaborative and innovative culture offering greater challenges and career development opportunities.
This team has a portfolio of major civil works projects across the country that are moving the needle. They are seeking ownership-driven technical professional who thrives in a culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and kindness that focuses on the goal to be the most innovative company in the civil consulting industry.
- Can receive direction and translate into efficient workplans for coordinating with project team members and efficiently delivering high-quality work products.
- Proficient writing, technical drawing, cost estimating, and engineering skills for producing typical instruments of service
- Construction inspection and/or management experience is ideal.
- Knowledge and interpretation of industry design guides, standards, systems, and applicable engineering codes relative to assigned tasks. Solid grasp of general engineering principles varying from fluid dynamics, structural design, geotechnical issues, and equipment mechanics.
- Capable of researching and developing conceptual designs and recommendations for project alternatives and equipment/ materials selection.
- Plans and conducts independent evaluations and reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
- Good communication skills and capable of working directly with project teams and client counterparts to understand key interests, objectives, and practical solutions.
- Can provide support to business development teams for pursuit activities.
- Experience with large scale hydropower clients
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or Business
- Familiarity with state and federal regulatory requirements for dams and hydropower clients
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Active Professional Engineer (P.E.) License
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Hybrid Work Schedule (3 days in Office/2 days in Remote).Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
131Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program. By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.