Create an account to let us notify you of jobs like this one
Job DetailsDivision: Kirby Building Systems LLCLocation: Portland, TN, United States Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
- Produce metal building designs, in accordance with Kirby Building Systems guidelines and other governing codes/standards, that are safe, high-quality, timely and cost-effective
- Assist in sales efforts by producing metal building solutions that generate a profit for Kirby and Nucor
- Actively manage projects through effective communication with customers and teammates in other departments
- Aid in project estimation and clarification as required
- Participate in new product or new technology implementation teams
- Participate in cost reduction or process improvement teams
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- Able to become a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in all of the states serviced by the Kirby Division.
- Willingness and ability to independently travel to job sites and other Nucor facilities, possibly on short notice.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US (Nucor will not sponsor the need for a visa now or in the future).
- Design experience in the metal building industry with P.E. Certification.
- Ability to properly interpret Architectural and Structural Drawings.
- Understanding of current building codes and standard industry practices.
- Strong leadership skills.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace