Qualitative execution of reclamation areas, ground improvement works, foundation constructions and ground retaining structures such as quay walls can only be guaranteed by first class design, execution planning, follow-up and checking/witnessing. Finally, this needs to be demonstrated by quality control testing and reporting to the employer.
The geotechnical engineer assists the tender team to recognize and solve all geotechnical related issues, both in tender stage as in execution stage. This will require full understanding of the requirements, translation into geotechnical requirements and geotechnical designs.
In execution stage, geotechnical engineers assist the project team to solve all specific geotechnical issues. This can be as on-site geotechnical engineer or from the DEME head office in Zwijndrecht.
- Analysis of soil investigation, derivation of design parameters, performing several geotechnical design calculations such as settlement and consolidation analysis, stability of slopes, sheetpile design, foundation design, ...
- Organization, witnessing and follow up of soil investigation for quality control, reporting, performing stability calculations and optimizing design based on feed-back and monitoring
- Understanding execution of dredging works and identifying critical temporary execution situations
- Advising the project manager to select execution methods
- In the framework of soil investigation analysis and optimized design, working with our geo-database and perform automatic calculations and statistical analyses becomes more and more standard
- You have a Civil Engineering degree with more than average interest for geotechnics, Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist with understanding of structural design
- English is the basic communication language within DEME, proficient (speaking and writing) use of this language is a necessary requirement. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus (as we are also working on several challenging projects in the Benelux area)
- You are prepared to travel abroad for short assignments
- Experience and/or interest in developing and using Python code and data-bases is an asset
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance
- A permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally
- A stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing