Position: Structural Engineer (Mid Level)Location: Brandon, FL
Job Id: 1136-403-2-2023# of Openings: 1Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time Structural Engineer to join our Brandon, FL Office. This position offers the exciting opportunity for professional growth and advancement and to work closely with a diverse group of Professional Engineers in a hybrid working environment! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Analysis and design of new and existing structures/foundations and assist with performing analyses for existing and proposed configurations for structures including, but not limited to, rooftop towers, monopoles, water tanks, and other antenna supporting structures;
- Assist in the analysis and design of electrical transmission towers and poles; analysis and design of foundations for towers, poles, and water tanks; analysis and design of steel frames for telecommunication equipment placed on roof tops of existing buildings; analysis of existing buildings to check for structural adequacy;
- Assist with performing analyses on projects of varying complexity using hand calculations, finite element analysis software, and other accepted methods;
- Assist with performing structural investigations of existing structures;
- Generate required engineering reports for review;
- Perform site visits as needed to gather required data;
- Review of shop drawings, structural drawings, and calculations;
- Travel may be required on a project need basis;
- All other duties as required.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; MS Degree in Civil Engineering and/or EIT preferred;
- 2-5 years of structural engineering experience required; must be interested in working on a variety of project types including new and existing buildings, energy and geotechnical structures, finite element modeling, telecommunications, solar, battery, and EV;
- A good handle of modeling, design, and analysis of vertical structures, as well as building design and analysis;
- Knowledge of Finite Element modeling software (Risa 3D, Abaqus, or ANSYS) preferred;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2019 or newer;
- Must be detail oriented;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license, as travel to job sites (including sites in the NYC metro area) is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is often required to assume a stationary position, and regularly perform tasks that require the handling, inspection, and/or feeling of documents, materials, and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. Occasionally, the employee will need to move around on the job-site, sometimes while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 lbs and/or in hazardous weather conditions. The employee must be able to safely operate a motor-vehicle, in which they may be required to remain stationary for a prolonged period of time. They must be able to receive and convey detailed or important information with others using the Corporate e-mail system, telephone system, and conferencing systems. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
PAY RANGE Tectonic’s goal is to compensate employees fairly and equitably across all positions Companywide. Our advertised pay ranges are representative of our good faith effort to provide a reasonable anticipated salary range. The offered pay may be outside of the provided salary range based upon the selected candidate’s work location, experience, education, certifications, and capabilities compared to the advertised position. Pay Range: $65,000 - $80,000 / year We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class. Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Pay Range: $65,000 - $80,000 per year