Company OverviewCME Associates, Inc. (CME) is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's licensed engineers and certified technicians specialize in geotechnical engineering, construction materials evaluation in both field and laboratory, geological sciences, subsurface exploration, and investigative engineering.SummaryThe Staff Geotechnical Engineer (EIT), under the supervision of a Senior Professional Engineer (PE), is responsible for project management, resident project management and special inspections, completing construction and geotechnical engineering calculations and design, authoring on-time reports, and implementing Quality Assurance. This includes field explorations, laboratory testing, and project supervision using engineering, construction and government building code standards. Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform a variety of engineering functions under the direction of Senior Professional Engineer.
- Prepare engineering studies and reports.
- Perform geotechnical drafting and design under the direction of Senior Professional Engineer.
- Project coordination and project management of Special Inspection and Construction Materials Testing work.
- Perform special inspections and materials testing if needed (soils, concrete, masonry, steel).
- Perform test boring/test pit observations, laboratory analysis, and preparation of geotechnical calculations and reports.
- Perform foundation special inspections, such as witness proof rolling, subgrade evaluation, bearing grade inspection, etc.
- Engage in continuing education to develop skills and keep certifications current.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, or similar.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate from a state board is required.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Functional knowledge of industry practices and regulations, International Building Code as adopted by New York State, and engineering standards.
- Ability to accurately measure, and calculate items such as grade, area and volume.
- Must be a problem solver who works well in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills are necessary to be able to manage multiple projects, each with schedules and budgets.
Benefits and PerksCME offers competitive wages and benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal) for full time employees. This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws. CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).