Environmental Scientist / Geotechnical Engineer– Melbourne Ready to build a career in environmental consulting? Do you want to be part of an experienced national contaminated land management and Geotechnical team with the scope to work on a diverse range of complex and challenging projects across Australia? If you have the drive and desire to grow your career with a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you. The Company Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for land contamination and remediation, geotechnical services environmental planning and approvals, ecology, heritage services, land rehabilitation, bushfire planning and design. Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of over 3,000 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, we deliver our projects with local and international experience across multiple disciplinary lines. As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Scientist / Geotechnical Engineer to join our contaminated land management team. We are looking for a motivated professional with experience in both Geotechnical and Contaminated Land sector to come and join our energetic team in Melbourne. Along with a competitive salary, Kleinfelder provides a diverse and inclusive work environment amongst a team of dedicated and pragmatic contaminated land and geotechnical experts. You will be part of national geotechnical and contaminated land team with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. The Opportunity The role will involve using your technical skills and knowledge on a wide variety of projects for both private sector and government clients including:
- Project scoping, proposal writing and fieldwork preparation.
- Executing on ground field works at contaminated sites involving the collection of soil, sediment, surface and groundwater samples and supervision of drilling contractors.
- Undertaking all works consistent with our safety values, systems and procedures.
- Evaluating and distilling field and analytical data.
- Preparing scientific and technical reports
- Working as part of a broad team to help solve complex environmental issues.
This role is offered as a full-time role and offers flexible work arrangements for the right candidate. About youWe are seeking talented and curious scientists/engineers who want to advance their career with a global environmental consultancy. You will bring:
- A degree in environmental engineering, geology or relevant earth science.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related professional experience in Contaminated Land investigations, remediation and or Geotechnical Engineering
- A passion for field-based project work including soil and groundwater sampling, contractor supervision, drilling, compaction testing, slope stability assessment, contractor supervision and safety management.
- An ability to undertake soil and rock logging in site investigation projects.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills and the aptitude to confidently liaise with project teams, subcontractors and clients.
- Safety leadership in the field and commitment to adopting behavioural based safety programs.
- The drive and commitment to succeed and to be a strong contributor to the growth and success of Kleinfelder in Australia.
- Ability and willingness to travel interstate.
What Kleinfelder can offerThe successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex site assessment and remediation projects for a growing client base including, Government, major oil companies and operators of large industrial facilities. Kleinfelder offers many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being; these include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and supportive team environment,
- Flexible work arrangements available (e.g. hybrid working),
- Paid overtime, (as per the Kleinfelder Overtime Policy)
- Access to our health and wellness initiatives (e.g. Employee Assistance Program),
- Professional career and technical development programs incl, study assistance with external and internal learning,
- Opportunities to participate Corporate Social Responsibilities (volunteering, charity community support),
- Service recognition and reward programs including bonuses,
- Professional membership support.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.If this opportunity sounds like something you have been looking for, we encourage you to submit your application including your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please complete your application by Monday, 4 December 2023. If you require any further information, please email our HR team: [email protected]. To be eligible for this position you must have unrestricted legal work rights to work in Australia. Kleinfelder will be managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.