What You'll Be Doing
Job Summary: Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of complex civil/structural assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience in civil/structural design and involves applying advanced design techniques and analysis. This work will be performed under general supervision. Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Familiarity with and utilization of department design and drafting standards.
- Recognizing and communicating project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- Reviewing and comprehending the latest information available regarding civil/structural calculations, equipment drawings and layouts or drawings from other disciplines before initiating design effort on specific drawings.
- Drafting civil/structural plans under minimal supervision.
- Being knowledgeable of basic civil material specifications to the extent that all information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected on the finished drawings.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
- Performing field related work collecting design information and verifying designs for tie-ins, function and clearances to existing facility.
- On-site assistance during startup.
- Performing field support activities, where assigned, for engineering support during construction.
- Assisting engineers with cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies.
- Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings developed by drafters, when assigned, based on information conveyed by engineering direction, equipment and discipline drawings.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting personnel in the department.
- Coordinating & delegating work activities with other teammates and the discipline leads.
- Producing civil/structural construction scopes with engineering review and approval.
- Able to serve in role as a mentor for entry level and new teammates.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation package, including paid time off, health insurance benefits, and matching retirement contributions.
Education:Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Computer-Aided Drafting is required. Certification:Certification is not required at this level. Experience:This position requires 8+ years of relevant industrial experience in civil/structural drafting and design. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and application of AISC and ACI standard details.
- Ability to produce drawings for concrete and structural steel, and/or civil disciplines.
- Familiarity with specifications and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment.
- Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards.
- Ability to create accurate civil/structural construction documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of work flow/information flow between disciplines.
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all civil/structural deliverables.
- Ability to accurately estimate completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed engineering schedule and a man-hour budget for a small project or an area for a larger project with engineering review and approval.
- Ability to lead a small team to deliver on commitments.
- Ability to deliver good presentations of Hargrove Engineers & Constructors services.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good presentation skills.
- Virtual team skills and cross divisional relationships are developed, and able to provide interoffice execution support under general supervision. Interoffice execution leadership skills are developing.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
Who We Are
Hargrove Engineers & Constructors supplies unparalleled services in engineering, procurement, construction management, and technical services in the industrial, commercial, and government sectors. With over 2,000 Teammates across the US, we build long-term support relationships in the energy generation, manufacturing, research and development, and process-heavy industry in on-site support arrangements, in plant-level small projects and consulting roles, and in larger capital projects. Hargrove’s key operating principle is to provide the Right People, in the Right Place, at the Right Time. We believe that relationships and partnering together provide the best results and long-term benefits for our clients. Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Hargrove. We’re happy to discuss flexible working hours, patterns, and locations to suit you and the business.
We work to create an environment founded on trust, personal integrity, and a “team mentality” so that each person understands the value of their contributions both on a project and company-wide level. We know that each person on our team contributes to the success of our company by pairing expertise and passion to meet and exceed the needs of the clients we serve across the globe.Our safety culture protects and promotes the well-being of every person who works with us and every person touched by our work.#LI-PW1Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
Hargrove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sexual identity, marital or family status), disability, military service or obligations, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Hargrove is a drug-free workplace. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.