Design solutions while designing your own career! At Fuss & O’Neill, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects while carving out a career for yourself. Our company culture strives to provide a safe, stable, enriching, empowering, and satisfying work environment in which every employee’s experience, expertise, character, and dignity are recognized, celebrated, respected, and rewarded. Ideas, innovation, and identity are encouraged and supported. If you’re looking to make positive changes, both in your community and in your own life, you’ve found your future.Fuss & O’Neill is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our dynamic water resources team. As a leading engineering firm, we take pride in providing innovative solutions to our clients across various industries. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional looking to take on new challenges and help lead geotechnical projects from conception to completion including field work, studies and planning, and the production of reports, drawings, and other project deliverables.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage scope, schedule, budget, and tasks on a variety of projects including dam inspection, repair, and removal.
- Conduct geotechnical analyses and provide technical expertise to support transportation project design, vertical construction activities, and water resources projects.
- Perform seepage and slope stability analysis, foundation design, settlement analysis, and earthwork assessments.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including structural engineers, environmental scientists, and construction managers, to ensure successful project delivery.
- Review and interpret geotechnical data and prepare comprehensive reports for clients and regulatory agencies.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers and technicians to foster their professional growth and development.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, codes, and standards to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus on geotechnical engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years of geotechnical engineering experience, with a proven track record of successfully completed projects.
- Proficiency in geotechnical software and analysis tools
- Strong understanding of local and regional geology, soil mechanics, and foundation engineering principles.
- PE registration preferred; EIT registration is a must!
- Intermediate skills in AutoCAD, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to analyze and complete geotechnical calculations
This position may report to any of Fuss & O'Neill's regional offices, but your location is up to you! Fuss & O’Neill encourages a hybrid workplace, which means that your desk could be both in the office and at home. Create your space, create your career, create your future. Let’s see what we can create together!Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position. APPLY NOW ONLINE!OR
Mail your resume:Fuss and O’Neill, IncAttn: Human Resources146 Hartford RdManchester, CT 06040 Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.All offers are contingent upon a successful criminal background check. Fuss & O’Neill participates in the Federal e-Verify program
0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -15px; color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-family: "Noto Sans", -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">
Licenses & Certifications
0" style="box-sizing: border-box;">RequiredEngineer in Training 0" style="box-sizing: border-box;">PreferredProfessional EngineerEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)