Application deadline: 08 November 2023 - Canada - Location: North Vancouver, BC - Infrastructure & TransportationSenior Bridge EngineerNorth VancouverRegularHybridDo you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you liaise with clients, technical staff, accounting staff, and other support staff to ensure overall project deliverables, schedules, and budgets? And are you interested in joining a cohesive team with aspiring goals? Then, this could be the next adventure in your career.Turn challenges into sustainable solutions
Do you want to define the strategy that can accommodate the growing demand for sustainable infrastructure and transport?, Then come join our National Bridge Team in Vancouver! We are looking for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our growing team. You are going to work closely with a team of experts on some of North America's most significant projects in bridge infrastructure. And we are thrilled to have contributed to signature projects like the 6th Street Viaduct in Los Angeles and the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge You will plan and develop engineering projects including the definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, development of concepts and approaches, and making key technical decisions. The work will be diverse and consist of inspections, evaluations, rehabilitations, and designs of bridge structures. You will be given the opportunities to grow your level of responsibility and to acquire a variety of other skills.Your key tasks will be to:
- Lead and supervise teams of engineers and technicians producing drawings and calculations along with coordinating, and reviewing the work of other engineers
- Prepare work plans, schedules, and budgets
- Perform structural analysis, design, and evaluation and be responsible for the preparation of calculations and drawings
- Prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications, under applicable design codes along with engineering reports and other technical documents
- Research and review design options for both technical and financial impact
- Liaise with other professionals, clients, and third parties as needed
- Mentor junior staff and contribute to their professional development
Your skills. Our team. Together we design the future
The first step to success in this role is that you are eager to collaborate with the people around you, whether they are colleagues, partners or customers. Developing ties with others is something you do by acting respectfully and delivering on your promises. And you never get set in your ways, but keep exploring new insights and ways to improve.On top of that, you will:
- Hold a degree in Structural Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years of related experience in Bridge Design and Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, master's degree an asset
- Have high technical expertise, demonstrated experience developing tasks in bridge design and construction, and working knowledge of modern bridge design codes
- Be a registered Professional Engineer in British Columbia, or can obtain
- Have experience with 3D structural modelling with analysis software.
- Have experience leading structural design teams either as technical lead or discipline lead and effectively delivering on time and on budgets
- Knowledge of French would be considered an asset.
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 per cent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.What we also offer:
Being part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.Some of our benefits include:Flexible working arrangement | Top-up parental and childbirth recovery leave | Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share! | Full-time hires get minimum of 4 weeks' vacation to start | Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity | Paid sick leave | Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga or gym membership | Group RRSP program with company matching | Personal and professional development fund | Parking or public transit allowance | Extended Health coverage with 100% of premiums paid by us | Employee Assistance Program (EAP) | STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance | Referral incentive program| Frequent social events
Got more questions?
Get to know us even better at our website, www.cowi.com, where you can learn more about our projects, our strategy, what we want to achieve and what life is like at COWI.Equal opportunity employerCOWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.#LI-SSKI#LI-HYBRID