Job SummaryThis position is responsible for the coordination and complete project testing services in the Geotechnical department. The Senior Engineer 3 applies the knowledge of engineering principles and practices to specific problems and directs project team on multi-disciplinary projects while training an mentoring the team. Responsible for geotechnical evaluations and design application projects involving field data collection and analysis, engineering design and construction implementation. Acts as part of the team responsible for client facing interactions to assure that client expectations are being met.
Reasonable accommodations or workable solutions may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Manage simple to complex projects and direct a project team where multiple disciplines may be required from initial authorization to completion including client interaction, work scheduling, interpreting implications of complex data, establishing and monitoring project budget, invoicing and quality control.
- Perform engineering observations/judgments of geostructural activities, including jobs with a higher degree of difficulty.
- Prepare formal geotechnical engineering reports, including recommendations.
- Coordinate and assign staff to perform field testing.
- Critically review, edit, and sign technical reports and correspondence of other staff.
- Prepare proposals and perform marketing/business development duties to meet established department and company goals.
- Generate business for self and others in the department and maintain established chargeability goal.
- Represent AET by presenting ideas, solutions, and innovative advancements to clients, peer groups, public audiences, and regulatory agencies and in professional publications.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and manage risk/liability while working on projects.
- Maintain AET’s productivity standards.
- Must provide quality of service and work product that meets or exceeds AET’s expectations.
- Develop and maintain business contacts.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable regulations, policies, procedures and technologies in designated field(s).
Supervisory Responsibility Provides work direction to field engineers, technicians, and drillers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or Geological (or related) Engineering with 10 or more years of related experience, OR;
- Advanced degree in Civil (Geotechnical or related) Engineering with 8 or more years of related experience (preferred).
- Professional Engineering registration in North Dakota.
- Ability to obtain registration in other States, as required.
- Strong geotechnical analysis and design skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a project team environment that encourages self-initiative.
- Proven project management experience.
- Flexible working style as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering.
- Experience working in consulting engineering.
- Strong relationships with clients and the ability to develop or foster ongoing relationships and maintain a high level of client service.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in professional work environment as well as must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and must be able to enter and work in facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may occasionally require lifting or moving field testing equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship.
- Applicants will be asked to participate in a drug screening program.
AAP/EEO StatementIt is the policy of AET to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.