Overview: SUMMIT Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening in our Structural Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Build your future as a Structural Draftsman at SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory & Testing, Inc., A Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company. As one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the nation, we’re looking for bold new talent to grow along with us. Your role as Structural Draftsman will give you the opportunity to not only make your mark in a nationally recognized firm, but also directly contribute to our unprecedented growth. If you’re known for your commitment to excellence and passion for working in a collaborative environment, UES is where you belong. Position Summary: As a Structural Draftsman, you will be working primarily on drafting structural plans in AutoCAD in compliance with building codes and standards.
- Work with structural designers/project managers to generate new plans, revisions, and/or lot specific drawings
- Work with structural project managers to set up CAD drawing templates for use in structural designs
- Assist with QC (Quality Control) of structural plans prior to release to clients
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- This position spends approximately 95% of time in an office environment and 5% in the field with project managers and clients
- You may be exposed and involved with occasional field work on outside construction sites which could include conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit)
- Some weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Ability to accurately complete field-testing paperwork and detailed figures
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, detailed reports, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Required: High School Diploma
- Required: minimum of 2 years of AutoCAD drafting experience with a focus on architectural or structural design
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD architectural and drafting principles (experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project managers, managers, and clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Ability to read an interpret both architectural and structural drawings
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to meet deadlines as required
Who We Are: UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level. Growing in ExcellenceAs the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us. Why Work at UES?We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you. Check out our website: teamues.comFollow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube#GroundedInExcellence
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.