In the position of structural design specialist you are responsible for inventing and designing innovative offshore wind turbine foundations. You are one of the technical leads for our structural design team, working on offshore wind projects from tender, through design to implementation phase. You make an impact on the energy transition! With your experience, you know how to challenge and coach our specialists to further develop their skills and knowledge in the field of structural design.
- Leading the development and improvement of analysis tools, work methods and procedures;
- Initiating and supporting innovations on foundations, foundation design and installation methods;
- Technical lead in initiating cost-effective alternatives and the design of:
- offshore wind turbine foundations from tender to detailed design;
- secondary structures (as well as structures for the electrical infrastructure);
- production supervision;
- equipment for the implementation phase.
- Coaching and training colleagues and actively developing your expertise and knowledge by identifying market trends and opportunities;
- Support the Van Oord organization in engineering and design related challenges.
Your workplaceWith 20 years’ proven experience and an impressive track record in constructing offshore wind projects, Van Oord is leading the way in the transition towards renewable energy. To set the new standard for the future, it is important to test and demonstrate advanced technologies. We work on the foundation for the next generation of offshore wind turbines.The Mechanical Engineering team has 18 enthusiastic colleagues, who set the new standard for our future offshore wind projects. Our team can be described as the technical knowledge center on foundation design offshore wind. We will continue to grow the upcoming years to support the growing demand for renewable energy.Internally, you will work together with many different disciplines, for example the project-, geotechnical-, electrical-, and cable unit teams. You’ll also work together with external stakeholders like clients, suppliers, certification authorities, designers, and more.
You have the ability to translate complex matters into understandable insights. You see a challenge in project dynamics, related deadlines and you have strong communicative skills. Next to that:
- You have a completed Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with knowledge of steel structures, fatigue analysis, structural dynamics and hydrodynamics;
- You have at least 15 years of working experience in a similar position (project environment) in the offshore wind or a related industry;
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Structural Mechanics, Structural Dynamics and FEM software, preferably Ansys;
- Excellent command of the English language both verbally and written;
- You available for min. 32 hours per week and willing to travel regularly to our office in Gorinchem.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2,15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Daniel LemsDo you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook! Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated. #LI-DL1