KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing geotechnical group in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with opportunity to interface directly with clients. There will be a balanced amount of field review and office time.Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of multiple geotechnical projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets and personnel and managing client relationships. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects spanning from water resources, flood control, hydroelectric, transportation, civil infrastructure, to industrial and private developments
- Geotechnical engineering evaluation and assessment of various developments and providing recommendations to address geotechnical issues, such as: foundation design, slope stability, shoring design, liquefaction assessments and soil improvements, retaining wall design and others
- Fieldwork including construction inspection and material testing for a wide variety of geotechnical projects. This work will involve geotechnical sampling and logging, soil, and concrete testing, dam safety general inspections, excavation, foundation, earthworks and retaining wall review
- Prepare and review technical proposals in response to RFP’s or client requests
- Prepare and review of geotechnical reports
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering drawings
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Maintain relationships and pursue new business opportunities with Clients
- Manage and mentor junior staff as required
- Bachelor's degree in civil/geotechnical engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree in geotechnical engineering would be an asset
- 5 years of experience in geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations and design, site characterization, heavy foundations, dams and dam safety review, seismic assessment, and construction support from tendering to inspections. The position requires a strong background in report writing, specifications, and project management
- Previous geotechnical engineering consulting or contractor experience is preferred (excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in writing proposals and technical reports)
- Registered (or is eligible for registration) with the Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC)
- A valid drivers license, personal vehicle and the ability to travel to project sites on as required basis
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.