KGS Group is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our established team of over
50 geotechnical professionals. A successful candidate would be located in our Winnipeg, Saskatoon, or Regina office.
KGS Group is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with clients across North America. We are not your typical firm. As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our services and our people. We believe in building committed lasting relationships and putting our staff and our clients first. Our professionals are detail oriented, seek challenging projects, and dedicated to consistently delivering high level KGS Group quality engineering services.At KGS Group you will be involved in highly technical and diverse projects across Canada and the U.S. With the extensive range of expertise within KGS Group, in addition to helping grow our geotechnical team, you will have the opportunity to continue to develop professionally.
In this role, you will be involved in a range of project types and sizes at a senior level. The successful candidate will provide technical review and mentoring and be key in the growth and development of intermediate and junior geotechnical engineers and technologists. As a senior mentor, the candidate must have excellent technical writing skills and have a depth of geotechnical knowledge on a diverse range of project types. This will include oversight when developing geotechnical scopes, site investigations, design, and construction including potential challenges and quality control and inspection requirements. There will also be opportunity to provide oversight for multi-disciplinary projects, client interactions and business development.Your Key Responsibilities:
- Mentor and grow a team of geotechnical staff that specialize in geotechnical design for industrial and civil infrastructure and work collaboratively within the geotechnical department.
- Direct and support staff on a wide variety of geotechnical focused projects that encompass: subsurface investigations and monitoring; laboratory testing and interpretation; and design and construction.
- Direct and review geotechnical analyses and provide technical expertise on soil mechanics, foundation design, and soil-structure interaction.
- Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical design including critical review of results often in coordination with other disciplines.
- Manage and support staff on multi-disciplinary projects and ensure quality deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Prepare and review technical proposals, geotechnical reports, and design tender packages.
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities.
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate staff with respect to their career growth and professional development.
- Participate in hiring, performance reviews, and training decisions.
- Participate in and promote KGS Group’s Safety 24/7 culture.
To fill the role, an applicant must bring strong experience and qualifications, meeting the criteria listed below.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with an emphasis is Geotechnical Engineering.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical Engineering emphasis.
- Current registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and other provinces as requested.
- 15+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering including subsurface investigations; laboratory testing; instrument installations and monitoring; shallow and deep foundation engineering; pavement design; soil embankments and slopes; slope stability and stabilization; and quality control inspections including foundation testing.
- Some exposure to, or knowledge of, numerical modeling and finite element analysis.
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership experience.
- Exceptional technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated abilities in effective time management, attention to detail, and working in an environment requiring prioritizing numerous tasks or assignments simultaneously.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s License.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.