We are looking for a talented and experienced Bridge Engineer to join us in our US Region. We are looking for this individual to join our hybrid team in either Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, or San Francisco.
As a Bridge Engineer you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of pedestrian bridge design across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.Our ideal candidate will be a creative individual with superb communication skills. Your broad design knowledge will serve you well in this role as you make your mark on our exciting range of projects. This role will typically take responsibility for the bridge engineering design and delivery of projects, for technical mentorship of younger members of the design team and close collaboration with other disciplines within a multi-discipline environment.What would you be doing?Associate Principals represent Buro Happold internally and externally. As a key part of the Engineering team, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:
- Develop the reputation of Buro Happold bridge engineering as the best in class within the US region
- Work closely with clients, architects and other Buro Happold Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team
- Represent Buro Happold at design team meetings, both internally and externally; providing project leadership and taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships across the region
- Winning work – actively identifying and converting leads to projects within the framework of the group marketing strategy
- Lead and ensure delivery of project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work. Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Continually ensure that practices, policies, strategy, and services represent the client’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Take responsibility for the line management, leadership and mentoring of others within your team and act as an inspiring leader in the spirit of Buro Happold culture and expected behaviors
- Contribute to the operation of your local business unit, as a delegate for Principals, where required
- Work regularly across other business units and groups
- Seek opportunities to contribute to the wider firm outside of your immediate group, whether through bids, relationships or through your global discipline
What are we looking for?
- 12+ years’ experience of innovative bridge engineering design (pedestrian bridge experience preferred)
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- Licensed as PE
- SE preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US Building and Material Codes
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of internal and external sources, including senior management, clients, regulators, and company-wide staff
- Confident, proactive character, with a track record of taking the lead in challenging situations
- Proven track record of project delivery and client engagement, and of an established client relationship network
What we offer:
- Salary range of $126,000 to $177,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package including 401k with company match
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (5 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com. Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.