Model the Buildings of the Future!
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.Engineer InnovationWe are a holistic engineering practice, where staff are more than just human calculators or ‘CAD monkeys;’ we are helpers in shaping solutions, making the world a better place in which to live.Our BIM team is an integral part of the structures department, crafting the engineering product for every building in our exciting portfolio that we design. The efforts of all the considerable engineering effort must be efficiently and elegantly captured in our models and drawings. We use every tool available to us in the modeling process, whether it is computation programming to form complex geometry, parametric model elements, customized families, or traditional line drafting. Engage our open source coding platform, BHoM (Buildings and Habitat Model), to import engineering load data, create a grasshopper script to automatically populate beam locations, and use Revit as a true BIM modeling software instead of just a glorified CAD program. Join us and virtually build some of the most exciting building projects designed today.Be Challenged With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Produce Structural BIM Models and drawings/details.
- Develop and maintain Revit content libraries through the creation of families and learning the documentation standards.
- Write scripts to augment and enhance our BIM processes.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across a global practice.
- Actively review emerging technologies and industry wide BIM design applications.
Be RespectedWe’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or above in Architecture or Engineering with an emphasis on Structures, or a related field.
- Experience or familiarity with Revit.
- Experience pr familiarity with the following is a plus but not required: Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, APIs for software like Revit and CSI products, and structural drawings.
- Intern or co-op experience in a consultancy environment with BIM workflows a plus but not required.
- Proven interest in the built environment.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner through drawings, diagrams and/or code.
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
- Our strength is in our diversity, and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged, and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
- Develop cutting edge design solutions which prioritize the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources.
What we offer:
- Hourly rate of $18 to $30 per hour depending on level of education and geographic location
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired? Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.