Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about engineering who wants to gain invaluable experience.Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is seeking current students for a 2024 Internship and/or Co-op in our Washington D.C. office.As an Intern or Co-op, you will work side-by-side with industry-leading experts in the office and in the filed to gain hands-on experience while applying classroom knowledge to real-world challenges.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with construction monitoring, field investigations, condition assessments, construction observations as well as project drafting, structural design and analysis, and site inspections.
- Analyze materials, support our petrography staff, develop test protocols, design and construct testing apparatus, perform tests, and analyze test data.
- Collaborate with SGH engineers to perform reconnaissance on existing structures, conduct field tests, or monitor construction in progress.
- Organize field data and assist with research to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design.
- Perform analysis under the guidance of licensed professionals using a combination of hand calculations and analysis software.
- Assist with preparation of client deliverables, including construction documents, specifications, and written reports.
- Work may include travel and working from heights.
What You’ll Need:
- Must be currently enrolled or plan to complete a MS in Civil, Structural, or Architectural engineering
- Students should have an interest in civil and or structural engineering, materials science, architecture, and architectural engineering.
- Maintain high grades in their studies, interested in learning through hands-on work experience in a consulting engineering environment.
- Enthusiastic about the challenges associated with the development of sophisticated engineering work product in an atmosphere of high professionalism.
- Successful candidates must have strong communication abilities.
Why Engineers Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected].