Mott MacDonald’ infrastructure teams work on some of the most complex projects across the US, with a commitment to improve the communities and environments in which we operate. We are seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead and supervise a growing team of multidisciplinary engineers working on port (marine, rail, and/or aviation), waterfront, and other transportation-focused projects in the Pacific Northwest.This will be a versatile role, you will be responsible for business development with new and existing clients, overseeing execution of projects, mentoring engineering and project management staff, and preparing proposals.Primary job responsibilities include:
- Project and client management on transportation-related projects with a focus on ports.
- Manage engineering and planning on-call contract task orders for existing local port clients.
- Perform business development, identify leads, and participate in client meetings.
- Lead the development of proposals, scopes of work, and contract budgets.
- Manage project teams in design and oversee performance of the design.
- Lead project performance baseline management (scope, budget, schedule) and work with sub-consultants and team members and assure quality control of work throughout project execution and delivery.
- Provide effective interface with clients, regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and other Mott MacDonald office.
- Collaborate with Mott MacDonald practices across North America and abroad
- Supervise, coordinate, and review work of other engineers and designers.
We’re looking for an individual to join our team and invite applications from candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant engineering and management experience in transportation-related design projects.
- Experience with development of statements of qualifications and proposals
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including technical writing and presentation skills
- Familiarity with industry standard analysis, design, and project management software is required.
- P.E. License (in OR, WA, and/or CA) or equivalent required
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence