As a Bridge Structural Engineer located in our Charleston, WV office, you will be involved with predominately bridge projects but will also have exposure to different structural projects. Your primary assignments will be highway bridge projects, however, potential assignments will include transit, railways, and related transportation projects.
You will also have the opportunity to assist our other offices with exciting and interesting projects, offering fun and challenging assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs structural analysis and design of bridges and other structures using industry-standard analysis and design software programs.
- Plan creation, design, and checking for conventional bridge projects
- Type studies, preliminary designs, and detailed designs with all phases of bridge design
- Projects will involve a variety of superstructure, substructure, and foundation types.
- Assists in preparing and modifying reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for projects.
- Assists in the preparation of quantity take-offs/calculations, preconstruction unit cost development, and cost estimates/engineer’s estimates for projects.
The ideal candidate must have a BS or MS in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited with a concentration in bridges/structures and 3-6 years of design experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or the ability to obtain within one year is required.
- Knowledge of MicroStation is required.
- Knowledge of LEAP software is required.
- Willingness to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- A positive attitude, strong commitment, and an eagerness to learn and perform a wide variety of tasks are a must.
- Experience and familiarity with WVDOT standards and procedures are preferred.
- Knowledge of Open Bridge Designer is preferred.
- Load rating experience is preferred.
- Bridge Inspection experience is preferred.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence