We are seeking to hire a qualified Technical Designer with experience in steel design, steel connection design, and steel analysis. The role of Technical Designer in the construction Engineering group is to conceive and develop steel connection systems, and to follow the chosen systems through to the construction phase. Position requires impeccable written and spoken communication skills with frequent interactions with clients, architects, contractors, and owners. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare analysis and designs for steel connection elements and systems
- Act as a client liaison when required to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Assist Project Manager with project delivery and coordination
- Perform construction administration services on assigned projects
- Provide guidance to graduate engineers in design and document production
- Maintain budgetary objectives of project
- Perform other functions as needed.
- 5-8 years’ experience in relevant steel design
- Master’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don't see a role open you're interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.