Want to find out what it takes to excel in the Engineering Consulting business?Knight Piésold is a global company that is recognized by our clients for adding value and delivering results. We make innovative engineering our business and we tackle challenges head on by analyzing and solving individual problems case by case; we don’t do cookbook engineering. We deliver solutions competently allowing our clients to sleep soundly at night and come back to us for their next project. The consulting market is a competitive environment and requires our team to have exceptional empathy, innovative thinking, flexibility and efficiency.We are currently looking for Engineering Interns! We have opportunities in our Denver, CO office. Start date is flexible to class schedule requirements.Disciplines:We bring multiple engineering and scientific disciplines together in almost magical harmony to produce outstanding service to our clients.Civil - Geotechnical - Water Resources - Geochemistry - Environmental - MechanicalYou’ll never be boredWith so many assignment possibilities, it’s hard to capture what a typical day would look like for you- but here’s our attempt.Focusing primarily with our projects in the mining industry and under the guidance of experienced engineers, you may:
- Design major earthwork projects such as tailings dams, heap leach facilities and ancillary works
- Prepare civil layouts using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Produce design reports and assist with proposals
- Conduct field investigations and construction QA/QC
- Assist with geotechnical engineering analyses
- Assist with permitting, reclamation and closure activates
This career path might be for you if:
- You are relentless in exceeding your teammates expectations.
- Analyzing mountains of data is something you can do with your hands behind your back.
- Your idea of fun is playing with numbers and concepts until they turn into a work of art.
- You have a calling to put together seemingly unrelated facts to make the impossible a reality.
Here's what we are looking for...
- Junior, Senior or Master’s program students in civil, geotechnical, water resources, environmental, or mechanical programs.
- Fundamental knowledge of engineering standards, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work effectively with other team members.
Compensation: In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $20.00 - $30.00 an hour. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level. Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Sick, Holiday).Work Environment:Work will be in both an office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.