Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:Assist senior engineer with design work involving all aspects of civil engineering earthwork projects. Work elements may involve some, or all, of the following: Civil 3D drafting, analysis, design, and report preparation on mining, water resources, renewable energy, and hydropower projects.
- Participate in the planning and designing of earthwork and water resource projects following standard procedures. Typical projects will include waste rock facilities, heap leach facilities, tailings storage facilities and their ancillary works.
- Produce civil / geotechnical / hydraulic analyses, contribute to the preparation of proposals, bid documents and capital cost estimates, construction drawings and design reports.
- Participate in short to medium duration field assignments within the US and abroad. Field work assignments could involve geotechnical site investigations and construction observation, quality control and/or quality assurance.
- Be actively involved in assisting with permitting, reclamation and closure activities and design work.
- Prepare civil layouts using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Keep management advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil engineering.
- 0-4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of civil and geotechnical engineering fundamentals, drafting, and general civil engineering design and construction practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering. Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English. Spanish language skills would be desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Knowledge of GEO-Studio programs, GINT, and other latest engineering design software would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated capability to work cooperatively within multidisciplinary teams
Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $60,000 – 70,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.Work Environment: Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.