What You Will Do:
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Lead Structural Engineer to join our Structural Practice in Raleigh, NC. As a Lead Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and developing the structural engineering, rehabilitation and new design efforts for life sciences and industrial projects in the Raleigh area. Come join our team! Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead structural engineering projects from planning through construction completion.
- Develop a structural engineering team to support multiple industries within the southeast.
- Perform design calculations for various structural components including foundation systems, steel and concrete components. Be familiar with relevant building codes and special codes for buildings
- Perform field inspection of buildings and structures as needed.
- Direct efforts of engineers and designers to coordinate with clients and the project team on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control and schedule objectives.
- This role will serve as client forward facing interface on structural projects.
- Work with various offices and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural or Civil) required
- Professional Engineering registration license
- 10 years of progressive experience leading or participating in structural design for buildings projects.
- Proven record of structural design using structural steel, concrete and masonry construction materials for different types of projects including life sciences and industrial facilities.
- Knowledge of and experience using IBC, ASCE, ACI and AISC standards and codes.
- Familiarity with ETABS, SAP2000, RAM Structural System, RAM Concept, STAAD, Mathcad, TEDDS and other structural engineering analysis and design related software.
- Expertise in the use of Revit software for design documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead or be part of a project team.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations. Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or other characteristics protected by law. NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.#LI-GB1 Location:Raleigh, NCCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time Salary Range: $110,000 -$140,000 Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location Please be advised that Gannett Fleming may require you to attest to your vaccination status and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Regulatory requirements remain fluid at this time and Gannett Fleming will abide by Covid-19 mandates impacting our business as well as meet the requirements of our clients. Valid religious and medical exemptions will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.