What You Will Do:
Gannett Fleming’s specialists have the in-depth knowledge to excel on the most challenging geotechnical assignments. We provide innovative solutions for foundations, underground construction, earth structures, groundwater resources, and marginal building sites. Our geotechnical engineers and geologists specialize in landslides, sinkholes, mine subsidence, seepage, expansive soils, and seismic activity. We have completed more than 1,000 subsurface and geophysical projects across the U.S. – from small-scale projects to large, complex dams, highways, bridges, and underground structures. Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking a self-motivated Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Marlton, NJ. This individual will assist senior geotechnical engineers and project managers in planning and overseeing subsurface explorations and performing analyses for transportation, facilities, water resources and other types of projects. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and overseeing field explorations, construction projects, laboratory testing, design and analysis of shallow and deep foundations for highway bridges and major hydraulic structures, stability and seepage analyses of earthen embankments, settlement estimates, lateral earth pressure assessments for retaining walls, and ground improvement assessments for complex sites.
- Preparation of geotechnical reports, proposals, project plans and specifications.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- M.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering required
- E.I.T. required
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience post-graduation
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, gINT, ALLPILE, GEO-SLOPE, GRLWEAP, LPILE, PLAXIS, SHAFT, SETTLE3D software.
- Must be willing to travel, including extended periods out of town at remote project sites, regional offices, and as required by the scope of the project.
- Must be capable of lifting 30 pounds and traversing steep slopes and rough terrain.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must have current Driver’s License
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations. Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or other characteristics protected by law. NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted. Location: Marlton, NJCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time Internal Requisition ID: 2023-10350Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000 ; Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location#LI-KV1#LI-hybrid