Job Description Summary
As a member of this world class team, the Senior Plant and Civil Engineer will be responsible for the products for the Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, testing, validation for product manufactured for all aspects of fixed series capacitors (FSC), static VAR compensation (SVC) and synchronous condenser (SC) solutions within GE’s FACTS portfolio
As the SR FACTS Plant and Civil, you will:
• Develop FACTS products from concept to market following business new product introduction
• Interface with internal and external team members such as principal engineers, control
engineers, civil engineers, electrical designers, project managers, engineering leaders and
• Develop and execute design, testing, acceptance test plans, and safety risk assessments.
• Supervise design, factory, and type tests.
• Supervise and participate in testing performed at supplier sites and in the FACTS lab in Saratoga
• Write product specifications, issue material purchase request forms, and evaluate vendor
quotations for FACTS products.
• Participate in product planning sessions.
• Initiate and execute cost reduction programs that vary in scope and may include low-cost vendor
selection, design improvements, process improvements, automation, and new product
introductionQualifications / RequirementsBachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or collegeMiinimum of 10 years of related engineering experience (OR Master’s Degree in Electrical
Engineering from an accredited university or college and 3 year of related engineering experience)
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% as required, which may include remote locations and
international travel, and be willing to comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Knowledge of and experience using IEEE, IEC, ANSI, NEC, and NESC standards and
codes, and ability to engineer product design packages when no clear specification is
• Experience applying ECO design, Product Safety, FMEA to product design
• Experience in lab testing, use of lab equipment including oscilloscopes, testing of HV
equipment, including required safe work habits
• Experience writing test plans and safety risk assessments
• Demonstrated electrical and mechanical troubleshooting capability
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Prior FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission System) application or design experience
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to lead internal and external resources and suppliers and
be accountable for results
• Excellent personal computer skills, including proficiency with Excel and Word, and familiarity
with AutoCAD or Microstation
• Ability to automate design tasks through Visual Basic programming of Excel, Python code,
AutoCAD or Microstation
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Relocation Assistance Provided: No#LI-Remote - This is a remote position