Geothermal Power Engineer – Energy & Power
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job ID: EPA0000CZOur People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Your Impact:The energy industry is undergoing rapid and dramatic changes, moving away from fossil fuels to alternative clean energy sources. Jacobs is expanding its Energy & Power Solutions team to tackle the complexities of decarbonization in order to deliver a cleaner and more secure energy future. As part of this we are expanding our global expertise in geothermal power and heat into the North American market. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to deploy your technical skills (engineering, technology or geoscience) and develop solutions to solve our clients’ challenging energy needs in our emerging North America geothermal team. We have multiple positions available for mid- to senior career level practitioners seeking to take a leading role working closely with our operations, sales, and technology teams as we expand our energy transition portfolio. In this team you will be working closely with our global Geothermal Center of Excellence supporting a diverse international multi-sector client group. The positions are based in Jacobs’ USA or Canada offices, but will work as part of an integrated team across the globe. These openings provide the opportunity to engage with our clients, develop holistic concept-level plans and solutions, then take these through detailed design to provide for full execution of the solution. We offer and deliver a true “end to end” life-cycle service from exploration, development, operation, and repowering/retirement. Demonstrated abilities include a broad understanding of geoscience and engineering disciplines. Experience in design, design management and project management will be highly regarded, as will experience in Owner’s Engineer roles or contract management, and advisory (technical advisor/due diligence) roles as well as strategic project development experience. Your primary responsibilities will focus upon providing advisory and design solutions for geothermal project development and technical delivery as part of the geothermal team, along with other renewable energy projects. You will collaborate with our Technical Leadership, Operations, Client Account Managers and sales professionals on pursuits of strategic importance to the firm. You’ll be expected to possess highly collaborative and sophisticated communication and problem-solving skills. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated the ability to anticipate challenges and manage “up and out” while supporting large teams responsible for the daily details of project delivery. If you are excited by the possibilities of geothermal energy contributing to a carbon-free energy future, motivated by a challenge, and enjoy working with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative solutions, Jacobs is the place for you. Come join our growing team to realize the future of energy!#epjobs#naepjobsHere’s What You’ll Need:• Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Engineering, Geosciences or similar scientific background
• At least 10 years of design, consulting, or operations experience working with service providers, contractors OEMs, Owner/Developers, Lenders or regulators with established or emerging energy technologies
• Proven ability to engage with clients, develop relationships and win work, and then deliver innovative solutions providing value to both the client and provider.
• Demonstrated ability for higher level strategic, exploration, concept, and development planning for new geothermal resource opportunities, including knowledge and application of new and emerging technologies.
• Demonstrated skills on concept and developed design optimization programs to guide sound technical guidance for decision making
• Strong communication and technical writing skills At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.