Bring your curiosity and determination to make a positive impact on the future of transport, and we’ll help you go all the way.Who are we looking for? We’re looking for a Geotechnical Engineer - Materials Technology to join our Peterborough office, with flexible office work environment options available. To be successful, you must have a minimum 5 years of professional experience in geo-engineering field and consulting engineering in Ontario, with a strong background in construction and materials engineering, and be a motivated team player to support geotechnical and construction material demands.In an ever-changing world, it requires creativity and innovation to stay ahead.We’re seeking the curious, those who are stimulated by fresh thinking and a desire to shape our communities in new, positive ways.As part of a truly global team, working on complex and rewarding projects, you'll be at the forefront of driving change. See what the power of commitment can do for you. Join our team of globally connected specialists to help solve complex transport challenges and experience ground-breaking projects from idea to delivery, and beyond.Our pledge to you, Join GHDWorking with an energetic and high performing team, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Project management, field investigations/assessment, engineering analysis and reporting, supervision, and training of engineering and technical staff
- Preparation and reviews of technical proposals and reports
- Manage, coordinate, and conduct a wide variety of site investigations and construction/materials testing and inspections related but not limited to transportation, civil municipal, commercial and residential development, resource industries, utilities, and building structures.
- Manage project schedules and budgets, while managing and maintaining excellent client relations
- Support business development and client maintenance through client sourcing, preparation of proposals and strategies, and qualification packages.
- Provide recommendations to clients for materials testing results that are not in compliance with specifications and provide recommendations for clients to bring work into compliance with the specifications.
- To provide expertise and support for geotechnical and construction materials aspects of projects throughout the design, tendering, and construction stages including:
- foundations (structures including buildings, bridges, embankments, etc., small to large scale), all foundation types (shallow and deep), and ground improvements.
- settlement analyses
- engineered fills.
- slope stability and embankment assessments
- dams and ponds
- Construction groundwater control/dewatering requirements (including construction EASRs and PTTWs)
- Land use planning and feasibility assessments.
- Management of excess soil movement and disposal based on geo-environmental testing.
- Field sampling and testing of aggregate, concrete and asphalt materials
- Competent experience and understanding of nuclear densometer based compaction testing.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with geotechnical construction materials including soils, aggregates, concrete and asphalt in a construction project setting.
- Experience in troubleshooting geotechnical issues related to earthwork construction and ability to provide solutions in a construction environment.
What you will bring to the team:
- University graduate with degree in geotechnical, geological, or civil (geotechnical) engineering
- Possess Professional Engineering Ontario designation (P.Eng. license) (Mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in geo-engineering field and consulting engineering in Ontario. (Mandatory)
- Experience in geo / environmental, construction engineering, and materials engineering is an asset.
- Ability to lead and cooperate with a team in various environments, as well as work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical/technical, project management and report writing skills.
- Proficiency with current geotechnical software applications including GeoStudio (Slope/W, etc.)
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget.
- Availability to work/relocate to Peterborough, ON (Mandatory)
- In addition to demonstrated supervisory and project management experience knowledge of regional markets, agencies, and local terrain / geotechnical conditions.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G) (Mandatory)
- Ability and willingness to be mobile and travel for work when and as needed.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.#LI-MC1
Take on some of the world’s toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way.We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you create a lasting impact.See where your commitment could take you with GHD.Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don’t just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.That’s why we pledge to empower all of our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today. See where your commitment could take you.
That’s the #PowerOfCommitmentWho we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It’s what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs: to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.