At GHD, we don’t just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.That’s why we pledge to support and empower all of our people to make a positive impact when working hand in hand with our business to drive change. We'll help you accelerate your career and empower you with the right technology and training as you bring ideas and projects to life.Together with your colleagues, clients and partners, you'll make an impact that is felt by all. See where your commitment could take you.Who are we looking for?We are growing, and looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join us in Mississauga or Markham, ON. You will play a key role in a wide variety of geotechnical engineering projects. Services will include planning and overseeing in-situ testing field investigations, preparation of proposals and scope changes, design and technical report preparation and field work management of small and large projects and mentoring of junior staff.We’re seeking the curious, those who are stimulated by fresh thinking and a desire to shape our communities in new, positive ways.As part of a truly global team, working on complex and rewarding projects, you'll be at the forefront of driving change.Working with an energetic and high performing team, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Managing, coordinating and conducting a wide variety of geotechnical investigations with input from the Senior Geotechnical Engineer related, but not limited to transportation, tunnels, civil municipal, commercial and residential development, resource industries, utilities, and building structures. You will have the opportunity to push your skills to the next level with an experienced team and collaborative team members who are among the best in the industry;
- Carrying out engineering analysis, design and reporting with oversight from a senior geotechnical engineer;
- Carrying out analysis for shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls, slope stability and embankment settlement;
- Evaluating and applying engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to assist in geoengineering design, data analysis of geotechnical investigations, construction engineering and project management;
- Overseeing field investigations, site inspections and preparation of reports:
- Assisting the geotechnical team in creation of proposals, work plans and cost estimates;
- Project coordination, management and execution;
- Managing field works and subcontractors;
- Mentoring junior staff and contributing to standard methodologies for Geotechnical design and improving our practice;
- Contribute to the overall strategic development of the group.
What you will bring to the team:
- University degree in Geotechnical, Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering, preferably Masters degree in engineering;
- Registered with PEO as a Professional Engineer;
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in the field of geotechnical engineering;
- Experience with Detailed Design, Design Build and Owner’s Engineer Technical Advisor role is an asset;
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of working with relevant software such as gINT, GeoStudio (Slope/W, etc), SETTLE3D, LPILE, CADD, MicroStation, and MS Office.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.#LI-AD1