Transportation/Bridge/Hydraulic Intern - (175614)
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Transportation/Bridge/Hydraulic Intern, we'll count on you to:
- Assist project engineers on the application of various bridge and hydraulic design engineering and modeling techniques in the development of transportation projects for federal, state and local municipalities
- Work as a member of a design team that is preparing plans, specifications and estimates for structure, highway, and roadway projects of various sizes
- Assist with the plan preparation, estimate and quantity take offs, and a variety of other production or organizational tasks to assist the project team.
- Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer in support of transportation design projects.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Engineering program
- Attention to detail a must
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience with CAD Software packages (Microstation and AutoCAD) and other design packages is a plus.
- Self-starter with excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Idaho-Coeur d'Alene
: Highway + Road
: TemporaryBusinessClass: Highways
: Sep 26, 2023