Senior Geotechnical Engineer - (175695)
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of a Geotechnical Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Plan and prepare geotechnical investigations or design activities that have significant impact on major company programs.
- Participate in marketing efforts of both internal and external clients.
- Organize, conduct, and coordinate or manage geotechnical investigations for water resources and other projects.
- Perform geotechnical technical analyses, prepare geotechnical reports and coordinate with designers to implement recommendations.
- Function as a Technical Specialist or Project Manager on mid-size projects as needed, but project management is not the sole focus of this position.
- Supervise a small staff of professionals and technicians as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 10 years of professional experience.
- PE license
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, MicroStation, GeoStudios, LPILE and SHAFT or other software as appropriate.
- The candidate must be able to provide evidence of project engineering and project management experience.
- The successful candidate must have a deep understanding of advanced soil mechanics, embankment design, and a high comfort level utilizing USACE and DWR guidelines.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- A Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. HDR provides a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonus and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $98,000 - $140,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. (Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles are eligible for limited benefits.)#LI-KJ1
: United States-Montana-Bozeman
: United States-Montana-Billings, United States-Montana-Helena, United States-Montana-Kalispell, United States-Montana-Missoula, United States-Montana-Butte
: RegularBusinessClass: Dams Levees Civil Works
: Sep 27, 2023